Re: Sub profiles

On 9/5/06, Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com> wrote:

> In
>
> http://www.w3.org/2003/g/glean-profile
>
> I see the following documentation:
>
> "This transformation produces a list of GRDDL profile transformers from
> XHTML. It implements the mechanism (@@@not yet) described in the GRDDL
> spec, where each link ( link or a ) with a rel attribute set to
> profileTransformation is used to identify a transformer associated to
> the profile identified by the URI of the given document.

Wording could probably be improved, but seems ok so far. But -

 It also allows
> to describe profiles identified by fragments of the URI of the given
> document, in an elements with a class attribute set to subProfile,
> containing a link to the said fragment with a rel attribute set to
> profile, and another link with a profileTransformation rel as described
> above."

Would I be right in thinking the intention here is to specify
different transformations for different sections of the doc? That
seems quite a complicated addition (may just be the wording) for
little gain - does it even add anything, given that the frags can be
handled separately by the XSLT?

> We need to define this subProfile concept in the spec or we should
> revise this stylesheet.

Yes.

Is there an example anywhere demonstrating the utility of subProfile?

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com