Re: Must clients use all transformations specified?

On 9/5/06, Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com> wrote:

> Must a GRDDL-aware client apply every transformation present in a
> document or can it be selective about which ones to apply?
>
> My opinion is that the client can choose to apply any number of the
> transformations in any order.

That sounds consistent with the rest of the environment. The choice of
which transformations to apply can viewed as being selective about
which the parts of the data are used, something that's entirely up to
the client. The order shouldn't be significant because of the
"additive" RDF model (note profile order *is* significant in HTML 4.01
[1]).

> We probably need to include some words to that effect in the spec.

Yep. I suspect it might be technically redundant, but clarification is Good.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#adef-profile

--