Re: hope to hear from you today about the GRDDL spec

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 10:57 -0400, Ben Adida wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Overall, I think this document is clear and complete.

Thanks for the careful review. Regarding the main comment:

> *** - 3. > second bullet in formal statement
> Currently, this means that the "namespaceTransformation" triple has to
> be expressed in the instance document, rather than in the namespace
> document. From my understanding of GRDDL, and from the text that follows
> in the spec, this is not right. It probably should read
>
> "and ?NSDOC has a GRDDL result that includes"
> instead of
> "and ?D has a GRDDL result that includes"

I think you missed a subtlety.
Any GRDDL result of ?NSDOC is a result of ?D by the 1st bullet.

>  I have one
> conceptual point to raise regarding sequential transformations,

I noted that in the issues list.

>  and a
> bunch of small/medium bugs.

Thanks; I addressed all but 2 of those...

Revision 1.125  2006/10/20 17:33:20  connolly
edits suggested 2006-10-20 at 10:57 -0400 by Ben Adida:
- fix feedback list
- s/RDF-a/RDFa/
- reprhase "faithful rendition" stuff, fix typo in King/RDF bit
- fix ?T vs ?T1; change both to ?TX
- typo in namespace document sentence; GRDDL capitalization

http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#changes

> - 1. > GRDDL Primer
> This subsection seems a bit terse.

I'm not inspired with anything better just now.

> - 3. > last diagram
> This diagram doesn't show the timing of things, which could be
> confusing. I suggest adding numbers that show the sequence: 1) NSDOC is
> transformed, yielding a namespaceTransformation, 2) D is transformed,
> using namespaceTransformation.

Yes, the diagram needs work. I'm not sure if I'm going to get
to it for this round. I lean toward keeping the diagram in
for this round even if I can't fix it, though.