Re: On GRDDL and XML Documents [#issue-base-param]

Le samedi 26 août 2006 à 12:41 -0500, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> I would love to do that. Please explain how. Please tell me exactly
> what I put in my XSLT transformation in order to get the URI of
> the source document.

Indeed, you can't do this with XSLT 1.0; but why would you need to? Why
not simply using relative URIs in the resulting RDF as well, with the
specified assumption that relative URIs in the resulting RDF are to be
dereferenced from the URI of the GRDDL'd document.

That's more or less what we had documented as the best course in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2004Nov/0011
(in a slightly different context).

I guess there are a few cases where one may need to have access to the
base URI as string rather as a URI; RSS 1.0 is unfortunately one of
those. Maybe the XSLT parameter is useful for this. Or were you thinking
of other use cases?

Dom