Re: On GRDDL and XML Documents [#issue-base-param]

On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 11:19 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
[...]
> Following the rules for determining a base URI, I would think the GRDDL
> transformations should use the URI of the source document first *before*
> having one specified within the XSLT.

I would love to do that. Please explain how. Please tell me exactly
what I put in my XSLT transformation in order to get the URI of
the source document.

As far as I know, that information is not available to XSLT
transformations in any standard way. So it seems worthwhile
standardize a sort of kludge to make it available.

Perhaps an extension function is more elegant than a parameter,
but I don't know how much trouble it is in practice.