Re: On GRDDL and XML Documents

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 16:02 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> > If I had a purchase order or something, I'd expect to be able
> > to use the <?xml-stylesheet ?> PI to tell user agents how
> > to display it for people, and a grddl:transformation link to
> > tell data agents how to get data out of it.
>
> I see.  I think it would help to express this distinction in the
> specification itself.

Yes; you're not the first person to ask. I have added a TODO
under http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#grddl-xml in Revision: 1.83.

Before I wordsmith the text, I'll stand by for a bit to see
if anybody else wants to discuss that design option further.

> >> - Respond to grddl:transformation attribute on root document, resolving transform by HTTP URL
> >> - Respond to <?xml-stylesheet type='..' href='..' appropriately to resolve transformation (fail if not one of the *expected* transformation types)
> >> - Resolve RDF from namespace URI and respond to namespaceTransformation assertions (in RDF)
> >> - Resolve a (master/default) RDF document from a URI (which would this be?) for a set of 'default' namespaceTransformation assertions
> >
> > I don't understand the last one at all. Maybe you could
> > elaborate by way of an example?
>
> I.e., (perhaps) the GRDDL namespace URL returns a document a GRDDL client
> can use to extract a default set of namespaceTransformations (for major
> vocabularies).

Oh... hmm... interesting possibility... I'll have to mull that over.