Re: Review of Use-Case Document

Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:

> So his blog becomes somewhat of a magnet for similar entries of interest
>
> Then Johan can either post his entries to Voltaires blog manually
> (through the XForms) or have a program periodically extract the
> service URLs (via GRDDL), transform the content at these URLs to
> Atom/OWL and query the resulting RDF to determine if the topics
> match.  If so, replicate his entries at the matching URLs by POSTing
> them there.

    Great! - now I grok the use-case a whole lot more. I hope this can
be definitely emphasized, and write this out clearly in the use case for
those of us who are a bit deficient in knowledge of XForms + Atom/OWL -
maybe trying to make a little more of a backstory around it like I tried
with Johan and Voltaire :)
> As for the Clinical Data usecase, the RDF primarily buys him (over
> XQuery) an additional level of interpretation (that is as useful an
> ontology associated with the RDF is well organized) that a structured
> format doesn't give you.
>
> And yes, the added complication of *multiple* XML vocabularies makes
> the mapping to a unified ontology much more valuable.  The HL3RIM
> Ontology I was refering to is here [2].
Again - excellent - this is the heart of the matter. RDF offers to
connect the XML data to more data. And RDF+GRDDL is essential to query
multiple XML vocabularies. I'd like to see this point more highlighted
in the story in a more concrete way.

--
		-harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh