Re: GRDDL test howto?

Le mercredi 23 août 2006 à 09:53 -0500, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> How do the GRDDL tests work?
>
> I meant to figure it out myself, but it's been on
> my todo list for two or three weeks with no progress.

The CVS repository web interface has some simple documentation:
        To run it, you need to wrap your GRDDL implementation in an
        executable - typically a script - that takes a sole parameter
        the URI of an input document and outputs the RDF/XML
        interpretation of the said document.

        Then run the test suite with:python testHarness.py --action
        "/home/dom/dev.w3.org/2005/grddl-ts/gleanWrapper"
        http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2005/grddl-ts/test-lists.rdf, where action is one of run (to actually execute the test suite) and update (to update the results files based on the output of the given implementation).
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2005/grddl-ts/

So to add a test:
* you create an input file, e.g.
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2005/grddl-ts/xhtmlWithMoreThanOneProfile.html
* you create an output file (i.e. the GRDDL interpretation of the input
file), e.g.:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2005/grddl-ts/xhtmlWithMoreThanOneProfile-output..rdf
* you add them as a new test to the tests list in
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2005/grddl-ts/test-lists.rdf

Note that the test harness relies on the CVSWeb service to use real HTTP
interactions (as reflected by the
xml:base="http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2005/grddl-ts/" in
tests.rdf); this also means you can use the CVSWeb parameters to change
the content type headers as needed.

Hope this helps,

Dom