Re: Microformat profile URIs

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 12:27 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 8/18/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 13:58 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> > [...]
> > > My personal preference would be no attempts to standardise profile
> > > (and/or namespace)-free transformation itself, but recognition that it
> > > will happen, it may well be the majority case because of data quality
> > > realities. These transformation may or may not come under the umbrella
> > > of GRDDL.
> >
> > I much prefer that they don't come under the umbrella of GRDDL.
> >
> > Scraping is scraping, and GRDDL is not scraping.
> >
> > Let's leave it at that, shall we?
>
> Fine by me, so long as we're clear about it.
>
> This will mean pretty much any microformat-oriented demos right now
> will need instance data creating. Of the (likely thousands, possibly
> millions) of microformat docs on the web, here's a guestimate of those
> on Harry's list currently being GRDDLable:
>
> hCard : 1 (googled "http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard")
> hCalendar : 0 (couldn't find a profile URI)

There are a handful of GRDDLable hCalendar documents; a profile
URI isn't the only way to link to a transformation.
e.g. http://norman.walsh.name/2006/itinerary/
has
<link rel="transformation"
href="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/glean-hcal.xsl" />

But yes, there are precious few microformat documents where
the author has licensed transformation to RDF, so far.