Re: Security: read vs. write

Eliotte,

    Thanks so much for the comment. Working Group member Jeremy Carroll
believes this would address your comment. The particular operation we
had in mind was from XSLT2: xsl:result-document. Perhaps we should make
this more explicit.

The rewrite of this section was motivated by implementer feedback.
Particularly concerning test security in

   http://jena.sourceforge.net/test/grddl/

which, with a little imagination, could be modified so that malicious
code took control of an overly trusting machine (by writing
appropriately to a key OS file). We are currently working on drafting a
more complete test-suite for GRDDL. Do you think this response addresses
your comment by itself, or
should we add a test for this directly to the test suite?

--
  -harry

Harry Halpin,  University of Edinburgh
http://www.ibiblio.org/hhalpin 6B522426