Re: More on GRDDL tests (apology)

Dan Connolly wrote:

>> 1. apply GRDDL transforms declared directly in input
>> 2. if input has a root element in a namespace NS
>>        if NS is RDF/XML namespace or of mimetype application/rdf+xml,
>>          also read document untransformed as a GRDDL transform
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'll have to take a closer look
> or something...

My understanding is that an RDF/XML document is a GRDDL result of itself.

My code implements that using the following technique:

1)  Get URL, and set docMimeType from the http response headers.
2)  Parse content as XML (minimally first element),
     set rootNameSpace as the namespace of the root element

Later
    if docMimeType="application/rdf+xml"
          or rootNameSpace = RDF.Namespace
    then
      read document with identity transform
    end if

I am thinking of extending that to include application/rdf+n3 as well;
currently I don't cope with namespace documents written in N3, which
feels like a bug to me. (i.e. an unpleasant surprise for a user).

Jeremy