Re: Comments on GRDDL (using 3rd-party XML schemas with GRDDL) [OK?]

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 03:48 -0400, Andrew Eisenberg wrote:

> The XML Query WG and XSL WG have reviewed GRDDL [1] and offer the
> following comments:

[...]
> 2) Not all schema documents are retrievable by content negotiation
> from the namespace name. How do you use such a schema, e.g. a schema
> written by someone who does not own the namespace?

I just realized I might have misunderstood your comment when
composing my earlier reply.

One way to use 3rd-party schemas is to point from the source document
directly to a transformation, as in a case[2] recently mentioned
by a GRDDL WG member:

<ns1:POLICIES xmlns:ns1="http://www.sil.org/~simonsg/metaschema/gold#"
xmlns:grddl='http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#'
grddl:transformation="http://iama.rrecktek.com/~rreck/Hopi_ms.xml_interpreter.xsl">

The transformation is developed by rrecktek.com, but the
namespace is owned by sil.org.

I wonder if you find that sufficiently responsive to your comment?

> [1] Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-grddl-20070302/

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007May/0002.html

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E