Re: Double precision floats (IEEE-754 binary64)

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I have created an issue for it here https://github.com/gpuweb/gpuweb/issues/2805.

Best regards,
Samuele

On Wed, 2022-04-27 at 15:10 -0700, Myles Maxfield wrote:
Right - it would be an optional extension. Any Metal-based implementations would just not offer the extension.

Do you think you would be willing to open an issue in https://github.com/gpuweb/gpuweb/issues/new/choose [github.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/gpuweb/gpuweb/issues/new/choose__;!!CKZwjTOV!hCeWxcYMUr2q6dQoIuin6-4vHH323_P8l8j-X6Vc0jtrUf8-8KfRcuGAr2x2$> advocating for FP64 and your use case? If there’s a bug, we can schedule it accordingly, and you can follow along with any spec updates regarding it.

Thanks,
Myles