Re: Double precision floats (IEEE-754 binary64)

Right - it would be an optional extension. Any Metal-based implementations would just not offer the extension.

Do you think you would be willing to open an issue in https://github.com/gpuweb/gpuweb/issues/new/choose advocating for FP64 and your use case? If there’s a bug, we can schedule it accordingly, and you can follow along with any spec updates regarding it.

Thanks,
Myles