Re: WebGPU software rendering

Perfect...that's exactly what I needed.

Rob

________________________________
From: Kai Ninomiya
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 5:51 PM
To: Rob Conde
Cc: public-gpu@w3.org
Subject: Re: WebGPU software rendering

This is up to each browser vendor to figure out. In Chromium, we will use Dawn's Vulkan backend on top of the SwiftShader software renderer's Vulkan frontend. We will also use this if there is no support for WebGPU (Metal, Direct3D 12, or Vulkan). In the future it may become possible to run (a limited version of) WebGPU on Direct3D 11 and OpenGL/ES.