Re: Binary vs Text

Thanks for the ack.

I look forward to substantive replies on the issues themselves.

Correct, I'm talking about GPUs in the target market for WebGPU, but which
aren't Apple's GPUs.  Even then, I haven't seen enough in the MSL 2.1 spec
to judge whether the semantics of image writes are spec'd clearly.   Hmm. I
just found something else, and I'll file an issue for that: WHLSL specifies
sequential_consistency ordering but only "relaxed" is defined for MSL 2.1.
 So I think you've misunderstood or mis-specified some concrete things even
for Apple platforms.

cheers,
david