Re: Welcome and Getting Started

Finally activity, great to see so many people involved.

Discourse, with hosting, is expensive <https://payments.discourse.org/buy/>.

Perhaps use GitLab for hosting instead of GitHub. Issues on GitLab use a wiki that is built on Mattermost, an open source Slack clone. Yes, I know that a sysadmin recently did an ‘rm -rf’ on a live drive but I’m sure they’ve learnt from their laxness. Lots of clients for Mattermost.

On the subject of alternatives, I’m attracted to ZeroTalk <http://alternativeto.net/software/zerotalk/>.  It’s peer to peer and requires people to be sufficiently techie to install zero net on their machines.

That’ll sort the chaff from the wheat 8-)