Re: Welcome and Getting Started

Hi Dzmitry,

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 15:58, Dzmitry Malyshau <dmalyshau@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> There are a few open issues [2] being discussed, so please give feedback.
>
> I find GitHub scaling poorly with the group size when it comes to
> discussions. If I'm not alone in this finding, maybe we can get a more
> appropriate platform for discussion, especially since we aren't going
> to talk about proposal issues on github anyway. How about discourse
> (http://www.discourse.org/)?

This is an interesting suggestion. The Web Incubator Community Group (wicg.io <http://wicg.io/>) uses discourse. I'll ask them how they've found it as a tool. I'm not sure if they are hosting it themselves or using a managed solution, but I can look into it.

I do have a fear that it adds yet another place to check for comments.

>> We have proposals [4] from Google and Apple, both linked from the Wiki and stored in GitHub.
>
> FYI, we at Mozilla are still shaping out our proposal, but it will
> most likely come without a prototype at first.

Excellent. Looking forward to it.

Dean