Re: DCAT Last Call issues: definition of Dataset -- single source

On 25 Mar 2013, at 16:03, "Makx Dekkers" <makx@makxdekkers.com> wrote:
> The definition of Dataset says that it is (must be?) “published or curated by a single source”. What is ‘source’ in this context?

It should probably say “agent”, which spells out as “organization, person or service”. So I would read it as: “published or curated by a single organization, person or service.”.

> Does this exclude data from multiple sensors,

Yes, unless the sensor data is published or curated by a single agent.

> or data published or curated by more than one organisation?

Data that is published by multiple organisations in its entirety (e.g., a dataset is released both by the Department of Agriculture and the National Statistics Office) is a single dataset.

Data where one part is published by one organisation and another part is published by another organisation is multiple datasets, except if there's a single curator.

Data that is curated by more than one organisation is multiple datasets, except if there's a single publisher.

Best,
Richard