Re: [QB] ISSUE-33 Discussion and possible resolutions

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:03:44 +0000
Cc: Government Linked Data Working Group <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
To: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com>
On 2 Mar 2013, at 22:32, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Something like the slice of latest values does seem me to like a regular and well defined structure, it's just a more subtle one than fixing a bunch of dimensions and not definable by a slice key.

That is true, but the proposal here was for introducing a general mechanism for grouping observations, with the latest-value-slice just being one example.

Subclasses of qb:ObservationGroup with more precise semantics could be defined in extensions.

>> Proposal: Define qb:ObservationGroup, make qb:Slice a subclass of that, define domain of qb:observation to be ObservationGroup. (“Collection” is too generic a term. “ObservationCollection” would work but is a bit long.)
>
> OK, I can accept that. It's not my preference but it's better than nothing. Will make those changes in my current round of edits.
>
> I propose to add a property qb:observationGroup (range qb:ObservationGroup, domain open) to allow this new qb:ObservationGroup to be attached wherever it may usefully be attached.

Ok. This would be a superproperty of qb:slice, I presume.

Best,
Richard