Re: [QB] ISSUE-31 (Aggregation hierarchies) Discussion and proposal

On 01/03/13 13:39, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Hi Sarven,
>
> On 01/03/13 09:18, Sarven Capadisli wrote:

>> Aside: my first impression of qb:hierarchy was for
>> domain:HierarchicalCodelist, range:Hierarchy
>
> That would be another approach. Define a generalized notion of code list
> and make that the range of qb:codeList. Then the hierarchy specification
> would be one form of generalized code list alongside skos:ConceptScheme
> and skos:Collection.
>
> In some ways that might be better but I wanted to avoid having this
> small addition being seen as a skos extension and keep it as specific to
> Data Cube.

Having reflected on this and looking at ISSUE-39 I think would be better
to generalize the range of qb:codeList to include skos:Collection,
skos:ConceptScheme and qb:Hierarchy.

Will draft what this would look like in a separate message on ISSUE-39.

Dave