Re: W3C GLD WG Thur 8-Mar-2012

On 09/03/12 13:19, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 18:20 +0000, Dave Reynolds wrote:
>> Sorry to have missed the call (I did say I was "at risk").
>>
>> I see the following in the minutes:
>>
>> "PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD, after adding a
>> reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)"
>>
>> What's the reason for referencing ISSUE-32 specifically?
>>
>> I could see some value in an Editor's Note pointing that there are a
>> number of logged issues that *may* be addressed in future versions.
>> However, I didn't follow the rationale for treating ISSUE-32 differently
>> from the others.
>
> Simply that Luis thought it was important to do so (and no one saw a
> problem with doing so).
>
> I think it would be good practice, actually, the make sure every open
> ISSUE is mentioned in some editor's note in the relevant document,
> although maybe in a few cases there's no way to do that clearly.  A link
> like http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/3 could also nicely
> appear in the SOTD, as standard practice.
>
> Tangentially, I note we haven't actually, as a group, done the work of
> transitioning RAISED issues to OPEN issues.   Perhaps folks should look
> down the list of all the RAISED issues and comment on whether there are
> any they think do NOT require some discussion, understanding, and a
> decision by the Working Group...
> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/raised

Hmm. So what is the semantics of OPEN?

After discussion with Richard I used the tracker to log all issues we
were aware of that we might *potentially* want to consider during GLD.

As mentioned in email (point 1 of [1]) this includes issues that we may
not choose to tackle within the scope of this working group.

Does making them OPEN imply we have accepted them for consideration in
the working group?

If so I think they should stay in RAISED for now.

Dave

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2012Feb/0111.html