Re: some CD issues/wishlist items

Hi Sandro,
Thanks for the detailed feedback on the Community Directory.  Today I had a chance to meet with James and the two of us went through your entire list plus the feedback from others @ F2F meeting last week.

In summary, we are setting up an issue tracker on Google IssueTracker.  I'll let you know when it is set up & seeded with the feedback we've received to date.  I'll respond to each item and track them as they're resolved.

FYR - In mid-February we are scheduled do a port of the app to next version of the Linked Data management system we're using.  The confusing menu options will be streamlined because the new version of Callimachus provides more flexible control of menu editing.  It will also provide a cleaner UI through the use of HTML 5 themes.

By mid-February, export of the application will be supported.  This means you or others can download the app locally and play around with it, extend it, etc.  The directory will become a 'sample app' Linked Data app since a directory is a commonly understood and used Web app.

Thanks again for your feedback.  It is in people using a Web app that it gets better.  We expect to have a lot to show from the GLD WG in the later half of February, not the least of which is a more appealing Community Directory.

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland