Re: Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset has "official" status

Some organizations have more authority than others - so UK Home Office
might publish linked data, but so might ISO or the UN or TopQuadrant.
Some datasets have different levels of 'official-dom' - drafts vs.
recommended for certain uses vs. certified as accurate and complete.
Since the UN can publish drafts as well as certified datasets, it seems
like this requires at least a classification of organizations that
publish linked data and a classification of individual datasets, and
perhaps a third being the classification of catalogs themselves although
not sure how useful that is unless some aggregators are not trusted.

At least one use case I've seen is that in some large organizations,
when starting a new programme they select resources to use based on a
preferred sequence of authorities and levels of approval (i.e. ISO
International Standards, and if not available W3C Recommendations, and
if not available ISO Technical Specifications, and if not available UK
government agencies, and if not available ...). I know this use case is
applicable to organizations as diverse as ISO in deciding normative
references when making standards and in US DOD when approving resources
for a new equipment or research programme.

Cheers,
David

--
Managing Director and Consultant
TopQuadrant Limited. Registered in England No. 05614307