________________________________
Από: Marios Meimaris
Στάλθηκε: 18/4/2013 6:13 μμ
Προς: Kotis Kostas
Κοιν.: public-gld-comments@w3.org; kotis@samos.gr; h.athanasakis@samos.gr; nikolaos.loutas@pwc.be; stijn.goedertier@pwc.be
Θέμα: Re: ΑΠ: RegOrg ontology

Kostas, Nikos,

IHU uses RegOrg, however NTUA's classification is a profile of ORG. This is done because our primary intention was to describe payers and payees that are not limited to formally registered organizations.

As is stated in the ORG [1] document
 It is anticipated that profiles will either introduce sub-classes of org:Organization<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#org:Organization> or define a classification scheme for organizations. To support the latter the ontology supplies a property org:classification<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#org:classification> which can be used the classify an organization using a SKOS [SKOS-REFERENCE<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html#bib-SKOS-REFERENCE>] concept scheme.
We have taken the former approach, making the custom taxonomy's top concept a subclass of org:Organization . This way, traversing the graph up starting from here http://publicspending.medialab.ntua.gr/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpublicspending.medialab.ntua.gr%2ForganizationsOntology%23PublicLegalEntity you can see that you end up in an ORG class.

The psgr:legalStatus property is a mere transfer of the string literal found in the General Secretariat of Information Systems (GSIS) web service to the psgr dataset. Nikos, I know they are not plain literals, but (pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong) they are drawn from the psgr:legalStatus property which comes from the legal status description found in the GSIS web service. The overlapping information and meaning I mentioned earlier is found in GSIS, not in IHU. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Kind regards,
Marios Meimaris