Re: things often done in geometrical applications

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:22:46 -0400
To: Jon Williams <jon@shovemedia.com>
CC: "public-geometryapi@w3.org" <public-geometryapi@w3.org>
Hi, Jon-

On 7/8/13 11:19 AM, Jon Williams wrote:
> I too want intersections, and
>
> A) if those intersections have 2D area, I want to be able to dig down
> into the child verticies.
>
> B) if the intersection is between two paths, I need the subsystem to
> do the curve-curve, curve-line etc intra-segment interpolation and
> the API should tell me the point indexes in the originals between
> which the intersection(s) were found, so that if a point insertion
> is required, I don't have to manually reverse engineer that detail.

Those both seem reasonable and pragmatic to me, especially for a drawing
tool. Could you write them up in a bit more detail in our use-cases and
requirements page?
  http://www.w3.org/community/geometryapi/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements

> And a pony. :j

How about a shiny donkey?
  http://svg-whiz.com/svg/shinydonkey/shinyDonkey.svg

(Done with hand-coding, about a decade ago. :D)

Regards-
-Doug