Re: [geolocation-api] Explicitly limit permission lifetimes (#47)

From: Reilly Grant via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 05:19:16 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
Firefox seems to support a limited version of this today with a "Remember this decision" checkbox in the permission prompt. I don't know precisely what time bound is applied if it is not checked. I assume it is the lifetime of the document. This is an interesting area in which user agents can and are experimenting with the user experience of permissions.

What changes to the specification are being proposed here? This seems like something for a non-normative note at most unless you are proposing changes to the API in order to support time-limited permissions. If so then this seems like something with a greater scope than just the Geolocation API and should be brought up in the WebAppSec WG as an extension to the Permissions API.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by reillyeon
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/47#issuecomment-651543716 using your GitHub account