a)      Transition the existing API to a W3C Note.  This is essentially a parking space for a standard that did not achieve completion but could be picked up again in the future if there is interest and need.

b)      Start working with the Devices and Sensors Working Group on supporting Geofencing use cases as part of their Generic Sensor work.  Note that Marijn has raised this issue already https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/73.

I thank Marijn for his efforts on the specification.

If there are no responses to the mailing list by May 27, 2016, 11:59 PM US Pacific time, then I will assume that there is group consensus for the next steps as proposed.

-Giri Mandyam, Geolocation Working Group Chair

From: mek@google.com [mailto:mek@google.com] On Behalf Of Marijn Kruisselbrink
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:40 AM
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
Subject: No longer working on Geofencing API

For quite a while now the geofencing API hasn't been much of a priority for us. Now in addition to that we're no longer convinced the geofencing API in its current shape is the best way to address the use cases we're interested in addressing. So with that in mind we've decided to stop work on the geofencing API in its current form.

Marijn