/TR Style Sheet Update 2016 - Survey Response, 2nd attempt

Hi,
Based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2015Aug/0000.html and http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2015Aug/0001.html, here are new responses.  Thanks to Michael/Fantasi for the feedback.  I've attached the previous survey response for everyone's reference.

-----

-Paste in URLs to a representative sample (1-3 links) of your specs. If styling differs substantially between /TR and your editor's drafts, please link to both versions.

http://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/

http://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-event/

http://www.w3.org/TR/geofencing/

-What spec pre-processor(s) does your WG use?

Primarily ReSpec

-Paste in URLs to any WG-specific style sheets you use.

None at this time.

-What do you like about your current styles?

It's pretty readable and establishes a fairly clear visual hierarchy. Basically it's fine.

-What do you dislike about your current styles?

It often does not work well on mobile devices.
-> position:fixed banners for e.g. "Editor's Draft" take up too much
precious screen space, all the time
-> Too much whitespace around the edges of the document, shortens visible
line length
-> Too-large indentation of lists squishes content to the right side of the
screen
-> The W3C logo does not look sharp on high-res screens
-> WebIDL and code samples do not wrap smartly and cause horizontal
scrolling
-> Indentation of WebIDL blocks makes this worse, maybe it does not need
indentation as it has other visual markers as well
-> Longer headings tend to wrap to multiple lines

-Paste in URLs to any parts of your spec that are stylistically complex or tricky, and we should therefore be careful not to screw up.

http://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-event/#deviceorientation
http://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-event/#worked-example

-The new styles will include rules for rendering data tables. These will be opt-in by class name, and rely heavily on good markup (use of THEAD, TBODY, COLGROUP, scope attributes, etc.). {NOTE:  Examples are providing in hyperlinks found on https://www.w3.org/wiki/SpecProd/Restyle/Survey). Paste in URLs to a sampling of any data tables you are using so that we can try to accommodate those in the styling, if practical.

None at this time.

-The CSSWG has made a number of minor improvements to the existing spec styles, which we might just adopt wholesale. Please comment on what you like/dislike about these styles, as demonstrated in the CSS3 Text specification.

No comments at this time

-Is there anything else we should consider?

No.

We are overdue (my fault) in responding to the style sheet survey from the CSS Working Group.    The survey may be found at https://www.w3.org/wiki/SpecProd/Restyle/Survey.  I am providing candidate answers to the questions here, but group members have a chance to respond/modify/comment on the survey and answers.  If nothing is received by August 12, 2015, then the following responses can be considered final on behalf of the Geolocation WG.

Thanks,
-Giri Mandyam, Geolocation Working Group Chair

-------
-Paste in URLs to a representative sample (1-3 links) of your specs. If styling differs substantially between /TR and your editor's drafts, please link to both versions.

http://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/

http://www.w3.org/TR/orientation-event/

http://www.w3.org/TR/geofencing/

-What spec pre-processor(s) does your WG use?

Primarily ReSpec

-Paste in URLs to any WG-specific style sheets you use.

None at this time.

-What do you like about your current styles?

ReSpec is well-documented, and fairly easy to modify as necessary if one is familiar with the tool.

-What do you dislike about your current styles?

Newcomers to ReSpec encounter a variable learning curve, depending on how comfortable they are with markdown.