From: Doug Turner [mailto:doug.turner@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2014 1:19 AM
To: Anne van Kesteren
Cc: Ryan Sleevi; Chris Palmer; public-geolocation
Subject: Re: Require authenticated origin for geolocation

+1
On Sep 27, 2014 8:24 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl<mailto:annevk@annevk.nl>> wrote:
Given http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7258 I think we should reconsider
whether to expose geolocation to unauthenticated origins. I don't
think this was duly considered at the time the API was released.

Furthermore, I think that if we agree this is a problem, we could
create a plan for phasing out support where no TLS is involved.

1) Start warning for usage right away.
2) Have developer evangelists spread the date when it will be disabled
(end of 2015?).
3) Disable it.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/