From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 7:53 AM
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: chairs@w3.org Chairs
Subject: TPAC Around the Corner - Updates and Reminders

Dear TPAC Attendees,

TPAC [0]  happens in about seven week so here are a few updates and reminders.

Key dates described below:

- 22 September: Audio/Video requests due from Chairs
 -  3 October: Special hotel room rate expires
 -  9 October: Registration fee goes up (for registrations not yet paid by that time)

Ian

[0] http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/
---------------------

* Registration
   https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2014/

   Chairs, please encourage your groups to register.

   For who has registered so far, see:
   https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2014/registrants

* Please note that the per person, per day fees are:

  - 75 USD until advance registration closes on 8 October
  - 150 USD for any UNPAID registrations as of 9 October
  - 150 USD for on site registration, space permitting

* Reserve your room at the Santa Clara Marriott.  The TPAC rate of
  229 USD (plus taxes) is available until 3 October at 17:00 Santa Clara time.
  After that we  expect the rate to go up significantly. In addition, we expect the
  hotel to be sold out by the time TPAC arrives.

* For the Wednesday morning unconference, please add your suggestions to the TPAC wiki:
   http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/SessionIdeas

* Based on your feedback [1], we are planning a CHAIRS BREAKFAST
  Tuesday, 28 October, 07:00-08:30. The main discussion point will be to continue dialog
   to strengthen the Chairs community.  We will review the Chair training from last year.
   We invite participants to bring their ideas and requests.

* Chairs, please be sure to complete the audio/video request form
  by 22 September (as we will not be able to handle on-site A/V
  requests):
  https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2014-av/

* We've started a wiki to help people coordinate ad-hoc meetings
  (a new feature of TPAC 2015); we will continue to develop ideas
  for helping you make the ad-hoc meetings a success:
  https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/ad-hoc-meetings

[1]  https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/chairgathertpac2014/results

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447