From: Marcos Caceres [mailto:w3c@marcosc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:56 PM
To: Michael van Ouwerkerk; Mandyam, Giridhar
Cc: public-geolocation; Dominique Hazael-Massieux; ashimura@w3.org; Mounir Lamouri
Subject: RE: Geolocation Errata and Updated Working Draft

On October 14, 2014 at 4:52:37 PM, Mandyam, Giridhar (mandyam@quicinc.com) wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> I’ll let Dom or Kaz comment on behalf of the W3C, but I believe the
> Errata was meant to address discrepancies between V1 of the
> specification and WebIDL
> (http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/geoapi-errata.html)
> – the two specs did not evolve at the same pace. I don’t think we have
> carte blanche to make wholesale changes to the V1 version of the API,
> although there are certainly valid concerns with it.

Errata should be folded into a new spec and republished, along with other issues that have been identified during implementation. The TR should then point to a Living Document for a Second Edition on GH - the new publication process for the W3C is being announced at TPAC so we should be able to take advantage of it in the next few months. That will hopefully stop the stagnation of these documents - and having them GitHub will help with their maintenance.