Re: Incorrect IP Geolocation

From: Michael van Ouwerkerk <mvanouwerkerk@google.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:56:53 +0100
To: Ryan Masciovecchio <ryanm@aareas.com>
Cc: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, "public-geolocation@w3.org" <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hi Ryan, the geo team thought it was an automatic data analysis fault that
was also automatically corrected later on. They think the problem is fixed
now. Could you try it again?

I can't say exactly how Google's system works, but you can find a fair
amount of information online about how such systems generally work. For
example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3041113/how-exactly-does-html5s-geolocation-work

Regards,

Michael