Re: Updated draft charter

Hi Dom,

recent discussions on this list have again highlighted the need for further
work on the device orientation spec. It would be great to drive that to CR.

I would like to express again my concerns about geofencing, specifically
its likely dependency on ServiceWorker, which is immature. ServiceWorker
could provide a lightweight mechanism to wake up a webapp and fire a
geofence event. Without a lightweight wakeup mechanism, geofencing will be
a lot less useful. Given this likely dependency on an immature spec, do you
still think the proposed milestones are realistic?

Finally, I'd be happy to contribute to the Geolocation spec, representing
Google, as part of Chrome. Maybe we can also find someone new to help out
with the device orientation spec.

Regards,

Michael