From: Prandstetter Josef [mailto:j.prandstetter@mysynergis.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 4:54 AM
To: public-geolocation@w3.org<mailto:public-geolocation@w3.org>
Subject: GeoLocation API: 1. Source type of information / 2. Information from specific source type

Hello,

We are a software company, which is using the GeoLocation API inside two of our products (1x WebGIS, 1x Facility Management).

1.       In some situations it would be good to have the information available from which source type the location information has been taken, e.g.:

·         IP Address

·         WiFi

·         GSM/CDMA cell IDs

·         GPS
==> Are there any plans to support this kind of information by adding an additional parameter?

2.       In some situations it would be great to get the location information explicitly from a specific source type, mostly GPS.

==> Are there any plans to support fetching the location information from a specific source by an additional parameter?

Best Regards,
Josef Prandstetter