Re: Firing events in the deviceorientation spec

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:30:47 +0100, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> Sure, but we're running out of charter. I don't think we can renew the
> charter just because we have to tweak the IDL and references....I'm
> still not sure I understand what you're proposing we do.

You can, but apart from that:

* Define how this feature works with the event loop
* Remove the init*Event() methods that have been obsoleted and must not be
introduced now

Now ideally you also define the appropriate event constructors, because
implementors will want to implement them, and developers will want to use
them.

I'm not sure what reference game you're playing, but there is nothing in
the W3C Process document that prevents a W3C Recommendation referencing
drafts. And to define the actual feature a normative reference to HTML is
required, which in turn depends on DOM. So I'm not really sure why you
keep playing the ball back to me instead of explaining how any of that
makes sense.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/