Re: Firing events in the deviceorientation spec

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:09:44 +0100, Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> Also, you already depend on HTML, which depends on the latest DOM, so it
>> seems really weird to then also depend on some really crappy out of date
>> draft.
>
> I think we could remove that dependency. What do you suggest we do? We
> can't keep this WG going just to wait for DOM4.

You cannot both dispatch on Window and not depend on HTML. In fact, you
need to dispatch events from a task (that is queued) for which you also
need to depend on HTML.

As for not maintaining standards, that is a bad idea. Just like not
maintaining software is.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/