Re: Firing events in the deviceorientation spec

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:54:36 +0100, Lars Erik Bolstad <lbolstad@opera.com>
wrote:
> Sorry for the rather late response here.
> We discussed this at our f2f meeting earlier this week.
>
> We're about to request transition to CR for the DeviceOrientation Events
> spec and from a purely process-related view we're concerned about
> introducing a dependency to DOM4 at this point.
>
> In the interest of wrapping up the work we're chartered to do as a
> working group now and not in 9-12 months, we decided to keep the
> reference to DOM2 Events.

FWIW, introducing new init*Event() methods at this stage is not really
acceptable, no matter what the dependency is. And not defining an event
constructor as per DOM also seems questionable, but that is at least
something you could fix in the future.

Also, you already depend on HTML, which depends on the latest DOM, so it
seems really weird to then also depend on some really crappy out of date
draft.

Unrelated, the IDL in
http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html is out of date.

--