Re: Farewell....

On 26.09.2011 06:58, John Morris wrote:
> To the Geolocation group,
>
> Although I've not been very active recently, I want to say a quick
> goodbye.  As some of you know, after 10+ years of working on
> standards and other issues for the Center for Democracy&  Technology
> in Washington, I am leaving to take a position working on Internet
> policy with the U.S. government.
>
> There are a bunch of location privacy bills being considered in the
> U.S. Congress, and if one of them passes, there is a good chance that
> this group will want to work to respond to new requirements.  In that
> event, I urge you to touch base with my (now former) CDT colleague
> Alissa for some input.
>
> Thanks to Lars Erik, Angel, and Matt, and all the participants, for
> their efforts in this group.  Although the group did not go in the
> direction we urged, I nevertheless enjoyed our interactions.
>
> John Morris

Hi John,

Thank you for your contributions to the Geolocation spec work and best
of luck in what sounds like interesting new challenges!

I'm sure it would be of interest to the working group to get a head's up
on what these location privacy bills are about. Any chance you or Alissa
could share some information on this mailing list?

Thanks,
Lars Erik