RE: IE9 Geolocation Support

Hi Andy,

Some initial context - I don't work for Microsoft at all, but I'm fairly
close to them on web matters.

The short answer is - no, there are no announced plans for support at this
time.

The longer answer is - there are some really interesting pieces in the
operating system already that put IE in a particularly easy position when it
comes to delivering this support.

I've recently presented to Microsoft developer audiences in both Melbourne,
Australia and Auckland, New Zealand about the state of geolocation. I
covered everything from the JS API through to the operating system bits
(which is what you'll find interesting). The talk was filmed and is
available online here:
http://blog.tatham.oddie.com.au/2010/06/03/talk-resources-riding-the-geoloca
tion-wave/

I've also recently presented in Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Auckland to
similar audiences about what's new in IE9 for developers. Again, the talks
were filmed and are available online here:
http://blog.tatham.oddie.com.au/2010/09/01/talk-resources-internet-explorer-
9-for-developers/

Hope that helps! Feel free to ping me either on this list, or directly if
you have any other Microsoft + web related questions.

--
Tatham Oddie
au mob: +61 414 275 989, us cell: +1 213 280 9140, skype: tathamoddie