Re: enableHighAccuracy as a privacy feature

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 26 mars 2010 à 16:14 +0000, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
>> So that's the context: power saving, not privacy. If the attribute had
>> the better name of "lowPowerOnly", would you be making the same
>> suggestion?
>
> I would probably argue of changing the name to make it easier to add the
> privacy semantics :)

And I would then explain that the appropriate solution is for the UA
to implement some kind of location fuzzing and I would point you to
the appropriate thread stared by Doug :)

> I'm still not sure what's the perceived cost of that approach?

You are trying to hijack the semantics of an attribute that has a
completely unrelated meaning to the one you suggest.

Thanks,
Andrei