RE: Orientation event draft

On my first read, I assumed that these events would be cumulative changes from the current orientation.  The angles are described in relation to the device axes (A, B, C), not the local reference frame (X, Y, Z), which doesn't help in making this any clearer.  There is no clear link between (A, B, C) and (X, Y, Z).

Would I be right in assuming that 0, 0, 0 orientation equates to a device with the screen facing up and the top of the screen toward north?  That seems consistent with the example.

Could you also describe rotation a little more clearly.  Clockwise when viewed along an axis isn't sufficiently clear.  From the examples, I would assume that this is when values on the axis increase in the direction the viewer is facing.

I'd also point that the choice of rotation direction is a difficult one that needs more explanation.  Most people are accustomed to having East at 90 degrees (even if that is counter to mathematical convention.

Could a diagram (or diagrams) be added?

--Martin