Re: Orientation event draft

On 3/5/10 9:31 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded the first editor's draft of the Orientation Events API:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html
>
> I would be very grateful if you could review it and send comments.
> This also completes the following action item:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/actions/53
>
> Matt, Steve Block has kindly volunteered to co-edit this spec with me.
> Would you be ok with that? If so, I would be grateful if you could
> help get him set up with CVS access, etc.
>
> Many thanks,
> Andrei

I understand this is still a very early draft, but still few random
comments.
I don't like attribute names theta, phi and gamma.
Could we have something more describing.

"Implementations that are unable to provide all three angles must set
the values of the unknown angles to null"
That is strange. The type of the property is double. That kind of
properties don't usually give suddenly non-numeric values.

The draft doesn't say what is the type of the dispatched AccelerometerEvent.

br,

-Olli