RE: ISSUE-5 (privacy-text): What should the Recommendation state about security and privacy considerations?

On this issue... I don't want to set this back, but I have to point out one minor thing.

The current proposed text contains a statement of mine that was provided as a rhetorical tool.  I have no concern with the document containing that statement; indeed, I think that it's exactly what you have to say.  However, it appears that the message in my email was misconstrued.

The intent of my submission was to point out that this statement - while intrinsically complete - is far too generic to be of any practical use.  How does the user, when granting permission, understand how location information is going to be used?  For instance, how is a user to distinguish between a request for location for navigation purposes and a request for navigation AND advertising purposes?

There are very few technical mechanisms that you can use to address this concern, but that is why the privacy considerations exist.  You don't need to solve the problem, although I have a few ideas on how this can be addressed, but you can certainly do something to explain the considerations.

Cheers,
Martin

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]