Re: Civic Address for V2

Most cases won't need all the fields, but having them will allow more
applications and avoid the hackery and guestimes I talked about. Just
as an example, having a separate building name field is quite useful
on campus for friend-finder applications ("who is in the same
building?"). In some other cases, we may only have limited precision
(e.g., county-level for IP-address-to-location services). I admit that
I find it hard to believe that somebody doesn't understand "building
name", "floor", "street suffix" or some of the other fields proposed.
The more obscure fields, such as the street branch system, will only
apply regionally, so developers that don't care about Indonesia can
ignore them, but they do make the system capable of handling more than
just US and European addresses.

Henning