RE: Civic Address for V2

From: Alec Berntson <alecb@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:32:10 -0800
To: Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com>, Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
CC: "Allan Thomson (althomso)" <althomso@cisco.com>, "public-geolocation@w3.org" <public-geolocation@w3.org>
What are the use cases that require 17 elements to define an address? The use cases that have been defined in the spec (http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/) [which would make use of civic address data, *'d] seem to be well serviced by the simpler format I proposed.

6.1.1 Find points of interest in the user's area*
6.1.2 Annotating content with location information*
6.1.3 Show the user's position on a map*
6.1.4 Turn-by-turn route navigation
6.1.5 Alerts when points of interest are in the user's vicinity
6.1.6 Up-to-date local information*
6.1.7 Location-tagged status updates in social networking applications*