Re: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:14:54 +0200, Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> What about converters?
> Upgraders: from previous versions to the next
> Fixers: taking the input from conformance checkers and applying the
> changes. Automatically or not.

Automatically will not work because of the halting problem and expecting everyone to simply update their content does not work. They won't.

> As for me it does not matter that much whether there are 2 clearly
> specified versions or whether there is some old deprecated part of the
> existing spec. From the implementers pov these are similar issues, or?

The question is whether something needs to be deprecated to start with.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/