RE: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

Forgot to cc the group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Thomson (althomso)
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:15 AM
To: 'Greg Bolsinga'
Cc: Lars Erik Bolstad; Andrei Popescu
Subject: RE: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

Greg - If your intention is to call this the Apple Geolocation API then
I can understand your sentiment. But as far as I'm aware this is an open
standards process that tries to achieve consensus and features for
multiple companies more than one company. Your response is not helpful
to that process.

I suggest the leaders of this group consider this issue if they want to
create a specification that meets all company needs and "appear" to be
impartial to the group.

Otherwise you will find that some companies will just turn away from the
specification and call it an Apple API. Which I'm sure serves Apple's
purposes just fine but not the industry.

allan