Re: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

From: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:40:51 +0100
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Cc: Lars Erik Bolstad <lbolstad@opera.com>, public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Marcin
Hanclik<Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
>>>Hmm, how can there be two implementations behind the same geolocation object?
> This would not be the same geolocation object.
> The current model assumes that there is only one object.
> I was thinking about more dynamic setup where the implementation is loaded at runtime by any means.
>
> Putting the question differently:
> what if some implementation would like to work with content developed against spec 1.0 and 2.0?

I don't know in general, but in Gears we plan to stay backwards
compatible by providing the features of both v1 and v2. So we'll have
heading and speed on both Coordinates and Velocity. The documentation
will clearly state that the Coordinates.heading / speed are deprecated
and, if possible, we may issue a console warning when these attributes
are accessed via the Coordinates iface.