Re: updated editor's draft of the Geolocation API specification

From: Max Froumentin <maxfro@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:46:51 +0100
Cc: public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
To: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>
Hi Andrei,

On 4. juni. 2009, at 12.49, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> I've just updated the editor drafts of the Geolocation API spec:

I notice that RFC2119 is not in the bibliography, even though there's
a link to it in the spec.

> I'd like to take the opportunity to remind you to consider the
> question in the following email:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Jun/0000.html
>
> and express your opinion. I would like to close this issue asap and
> move the spec to the next stage. We are already behind schedule.

For what it's worth, I am in also favour of not including the
additional sentence. For the reasons you mention, but also because
prose of the form "this specification doesn't mandate a way to...
however one way might be...", although not strictly contradictory,
very often leads to confusion. Secondly, the particular time-scoping
solution mentioned suggests awkward user interaction, and might
influence implementers the wrong way.

Max.